Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Why Antique Coffee Pots Are So Appealing And Desirable

Antique coffee pots are not something that most people would consider for their modern kitchens account. There are entire magazines with shiny stainless steel kitchen appliances and all the amenities they offer paid. However, there are those who prefer to decorate a vintage look in the kitchen, collecting equipment from a time gone to him with. For these people, is an antique coffee pot a great gift.

I had never even thought oflet alone of giving the owners of these treasures. If someone had suggested that I should get one, I thought, if it could not brew my coffee at the touch of a button it would never grace my countertops. This way of thinking to browse in the attic of the old house my wife changed, and I just bought and I found him in an old box. I wanted to throw it into the trash heap, but the fact that my grandmother collected vintage dishes, so I decided to see whether itsomething they would like to be able to include in their collection.

Then I went to see her, I shook my head in sympathy, wondering how people survived without automatic coffee maker. I felt that they could at least be better designed. This was made of metal and was a long way from the modern attractive cousins. It was only about 6 "high, so that at least they do not have to be involved in the consideration of too much caffeine at the time.

After my grandmother APPLIED me with theActs homemade cookies and tea, I showed her the coffee pot. She perked up and took it myself with joy a child gets a birthday present. When she saw him, she pointed out to me that the metal that was actually silver and the design of the pot dates back to the Victorian era. It was the mark of a well-known London manufacturer called Goldsmiths Company of London. I could not believe it. I had come so close to throwing away a precious treasure. One that was rich inHistory, and certainly worth more than my modern display. My grandmother got some silver polish and cloths and cleaned it up. Looking at the transformed pot, I could see now why someone would want to own. It was really nice.

I thanked my grandmother for teaching me the difference between value and cost. To repeat my wife and I are planning our old kitchen with all modern appliances. My wife shook her head at the cost, but I had insisted. Now I'm going to findDistance incorporate the old into the new. I can not wait to see her face when I am dragging them to antique dealers. Grandma is so proud!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 Coffee People | by TNB